Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Introduction

Hello cyberspace!

I had often contemplated starting a blog; however, it had not become a priority so I had been putting it off. After a recent assessment of the benefits and drawbacks of sharing thoughts with the rest of the Web I decided that it was about the same as standing on a high mountain shouting down into a valley far below. The chances of anyone hearing me are slim, so I can pretty much ramble on about anything I want. Those of you who know me, are aware of my love of rambling.

As this is my first post I thought I should begin with an introduction. This is in the interest of becoming a round character (I am taking English 102, so strange literary words will pepper my musings.) that has a bit of depth, instead of another boring person yelling from a mountain. It seems to me that those people that just sit quietly on a mountain are considered wiser, and people come to them!!!

Call me Ishmael. Wait, wrong name.....

Call me Benjamin, or Ben if you prefer. I am currently twenty years old and will cross over to the august age of twenty one on May 28th of this year. I live in California's Sierra Nevada Mountains on a twenty acre ranch with my family. Our family measures eleven strong, while I am the eldest of the nine children, six of whom we adopted. Life is never boring at our house!

Currently most of my energies are directed at my schoolwork. I am working towards a Bachelors degree at Liberty University, of which I am half way through my sophomore year.

My one true love is reading. My mother taught me to read using "Go Dog, Go!" when I was six and I have tried to read everything I could get my hands on since that day. Currently I am indulging myself and reading my favorite author, Jane Austen. I found her first book "Inheritance" at the library, and figured that I could spare the time from my school work to relax for a bit.

Speaking of schoolwork, it is ten o'clock and I have mountains of assignments. The time has come to apply myself and see if I can reduce that mountain to a more surmountable mole-hill. TTFN.

Deus Primus,

Benjamin

1 comment:

Liz Rafferty said...

Hi Ben ~ I know this is an old post, but I had to comment. When you said your one true love was reading, I was like huh? Wait, did I miss something? Who is she? If she is reading will you tell us her name? Then I slowly realized oh, you love Jane Austen, but since I am pretty sure she is dead, you must have meant that you love to read. Ok I got it.