Wednesday, June 7, 2006

June 7th: Orange TX- 2090 miles from Home.

As you can see we made it out of the Houston area. Dad went to the RV place while the rest of us groggily made it through our morning, how he is able to survive on so little sleep I will never know. (At least I hope I will never know.) I was sleeping happily in the living room downstairs when a sound of knocking awakened me; it took a moment for me to wake up, no surprise, but when I did I see Nicki’s face right outside the window. In my semi-conscious state I could not for the life of me figure out why he would be outside at this hour of the morning. I started to go back to sleep, and he began to knock again. I finally figured out that he wanted to come in, so I went to the front door and opened it for him; it seems that he had gone out to the trailer for his clothes, and locked himself out. No one else was awake, so he couldn’t get back inside. I for one think that he deserved it for getting up at such a horribly early hour.

We packed the trailer, did the last loads of laundry that we needed before we left, and then settled down to play while we waited for the call that RV was done. During this time we played Nerts, (known to the Hildebrandts as Good Night) and Chicken’s Foot Dominoes. We even assembled a six piece orchestra with a clarinet, French horn, two flutes, a violin, and a piano.

When our RV was finally fixed we had a final lunch with our friends, and hit the road. Since we wanted to get some miles behind us we drove straight to our campground here in Orange, TX, which is just on the Texas/Louisiana border. The mosquitoes here are as big as the flies we have back home, and us oldest four have to sleep outside. So, pray for us as we go out to do battle armed only with “Off”.

No comments: