Sunday, February 8, 2009

Matthew through the ages, pt. 1

Please prepare yourself for the newest installment of our through the ages series. Though not as fuzzy, Matthew is almost as cute as a newborn lamb.

Matthew is a joy to have around. He is a cheerful helper and a good big brother.

Soccer was Matthew's greatest passion when he first became a Hector. For whatever reason, God in his infinite wisdom put Matthew in the worst possible family for Matthew to pursue a career as a soccer player. There must be a reason.


Matthew consults the dictionary, which warms my heart. There is more to life than sports!

You may know Matthew to be a quiet, unassuming young man. The truth is, he knows how to have fun in a big way, and there is more to him than meets the eye.

Look out below!! Matthew's coming through!!


His athleticism was evident when he took a gymnastics class. He is strong, coordinated and has great endurance.


Matthew is light on his feet.
A real blue ribbon kid!!

Nothing bugs Matthew!!

Ben is teaching him the fine art of dressing up.

Matthew has displayed a great eye as a photographer. This is one of many self portraits.

Matthew deserves a lot of the credit for the success of our melded family, and we love him very much. we believe that the Lord has big plans for this fine young man.

be safe,
Hec @ 19

9 comments:

DeusPrimus said...

My goodness, I hadn't realized how much older Matthew looks now. He was kind of little once upon a time...

Love the shades.

Three down, six more to go!

BFH

JB said...

I'd forgotten how young he was when he first "came home". I am sorry about the soccer playing - he really was good. Oh well, there are other things is life - like cameras - he is in the right family for that.

I ditto the "Matthew is a joy to have around". We've been sooo blessed by him.

Love you DH, and ME, too! Mom

Joy said...

Horray! You posted again!
Josiah and I enjoyed all the pictures of Matthew! Josiah's favorite picture was the one where Matthew's sled is caught in mid air. :-)

Simply Tiffany said...

Wow! I didn't realize Matthew was so athletically inclined! I can't imagine jumping on those skinny raised beams!

I love his camouflage get-up with that shinning hat thing... :)

The sledding pictures are amazing, especially the third one in that group!

Yes, Mrs. H., he is in the right family for cameras, and he's taken some beautiful pictures! And y'all even use Canons! ;)

Thomas and Lindsey said...

Man! He sure has grown in the last couple of years! Or... his features have matured... He's still pretty short. ;-)

Nothing but Canons Tiffany! Dad's camera is a Canon, Mom's camera is a Canon, My camera is a Canon, Ben's video camera is a Canon. We are a Canon family.

TJH

Anonymous said...

I did think that Mat was the Quiet one in the family, but that soon changed. It was fun to see Mat when he was younger.See y'all later....

Anonymous said...

Wow! I looked pretty young in some of those pictures. Even though I can’t play soccer as much as I used to, I learned the art of photography, which is just as fun. Oh, I almost forgot I get my braces of in a couple months. ~ M

Elizabeth said...

Hey-

Awesome pictures! From the pictures, I can see over the years Matt has definitely grown up :)

Can't wait for more...

-Elizabeth

Jessica McDonald said...

Thanks y'all for sharing the pictures! They were so much fun to look through, and of course the captions were perfect! :-D

God bless!!