Friday, May 29, 2009

Tommy Update

As Dad said, Ben is slacking. Time for a Thomas update. YES I AM HERE!!! Since I did not have the privilege to be with the family during the first portion of the trip, I will have to continue the blog from when I arrived.

On the 21st I jumped on a plane that took me from Sacramento, CA, to one of the biggest airports I have been to: O'Hare International. From there I took a smaller plane to Peoria where my family was waiting outside the terminal. But it wasn't just my family waiting at the airport, but the McDonald family as well! I was pleasantly surprised.

One of the first things we did that was actually captured on film... er... memory card, was to take the boats out on their pond at the back of their house.



No motors or sails involved. Just good old fashioned rowing.



Which do you think was faster?



It's also a spectator's sport.



Sara was having a wonderful time. Either that or she ate a lemon.



Dad and Nic on the other hand?



No one wanted to row with me.



I don't smell that bad. See, I put deodorant on!!



There was a certain couple that needed chaperoning at all times. Even someone to sit on the couch in between them. Mom looks happy.



Our trip here in Illinois is coming to an end, and the trip home is being planned. Perhaps a Northern route through North Dakota and Montana? Hopefully we will keep you updated.

6 comments:

Simply Tiffany said...

Great pictures, and hilarious captions! Even though I'm one of the privileged people who get (no, I wasn't even thinking of using the phrase "have to" :)) to spend time with y'all and see myself in a few of those pictures, it's still fun to be able to see them on here. :) I even considered skipping a post of my own and just liking to y'all! :)

We'll miss y'all come Monday, and yes, I do mean all y'all. ;-)

Thomas and Lindsey said...

thanks tiffany! we'll miss all ur guys' as well!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas!
Thanks for the update! :-) It was nice to see pictures of you guys! (;-)).
Have a good trip! :-)
Amy :O)

SuperAngel said...

rofl! this was so fun to read! looks like y'all have had a great time! I love it when friends come to visit. :)
have a safe trip home and glad you got to fly out and join in the fun with everyone! :P
Amanda
The Daily Planet

Erber Correspondent said...

Well... If you all do take the northerly route home, you know that you'll be expected to stop by our place for at least long enough to say "Hi"!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

BTW Thomas, I never thought of you as a "Tommy" :-P It just isn't YOU! Haha!