Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sara: Through the Ages pt. 1


The road trips are behind us (for now), so it is time to get back to unfinished business. Some may have thought that Sara was forgotten, but I assure you, Sara is unforgettable. Let's take a look at this remarkable young lady.

Here we are in the back pasture, enjoying the afternoon sun. Something is going through Sara's mind. Whatever it is, it isn't trivial.

Sara was a very little girl when she first came home to us. Cute, but little.

Even at bedtime, the wheels are turning in Sara's head.

Sara is a master puzzle builder. It was her favorite thing to do in the early years.

And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. Luke 15:6

Sara's brothers are always willing to show her the ropes. This happens to be at Lego Land.

I most cherish those photos that reveal Sara's inner peace.

Sometimes, peace is elusive to Sara, but things are getting better.

Sara has a creative side to her. I am eager to see where the Lord will take her in life.

There are some nice playgrounds in Oakland, you just have to know where to look.

Let's take inventory:

Eyes- 2
Front teeth- 1

Polly want a Sara? or A little birdie told me.

There's that peace I was talking about. *sigh*

Sara is not afraid of a challenge. Come to think of it, Sara isn't afraid of anything!

I think that yellow just might be her color.

It is possible to overdo yellow, but Sara can keep her head above water.

Sara has some definite thoughts about what Santa wears to bed.

Strong, courageous Sara, defender of the (fort) home.

When caring for children, Sara understands the importance of using one's head.

Even when she is roaming about, you can't buffalo Sara!

This is Sara, the littlest Hector. Small in size, but enormous in stature and potential. She has blessed our lives in ways that most people never experience. We love her very, very deeply.

stay safe,
Hec @ 19

13 comments:

JB said...

Dear Daddy,

Thank you for the post. I really enjoyed it. My favorite was the buffalo one.

Love, Sara Joy

JB said...

My littlest girl is a joy to behold. The trials of raising her have not been easy, but we are soooo blessed by her. We love you Sara.

Thanks DH, JB

Elizabeth said...

Aww she's so cute and seems like a wonderful young lady. Would love meet her :)

Thomas and Lindsey said...

Nice puns. Life would not be the same without Sara.

(Thomas)

Jessica McDonald said...

She is absolutely adorable!! I loved looking at the pictures- I especially liked the one of her in the sheep outfit! :D Cuteness!!

Give her a hug for me!

God bless!!!!

Melyssa L. NicDhòmhnaill said...

Sara is so sweet and is such a joy to be around!! I have to say, looking at all of the other post with each thread that binds the cord, it is absolutly amazing to see God working throuh y'alls lives and blessing so many people! I think my favorite picture by far would be 1st one and the 8th.

She is growing into such a lovely young lady!! Give her a BIG hug for me!! :)

Thank you Mr. Hector for the wonderful post of y'alls family!!

*HUGS*
Melissa

Simply Tiffany said...

Oh, what a cutie!! She was so tiny in the pictures! Not that she's very big now, but oh, she has such an enchanting smile! I absolutely love the picture of her doing the puzzle!

This string of pictures made me realize just how much I missed her last week! :( Haha...and there is even a picture of her on our lake...how special. :)

Love y'all!

Sarah said...

How adorable! Little girls are so sweet! She's grown a lot since we saw her!

Miss.M said...

Oh, how sweet. Love you Sara. I miss y'all so much. but I'll be home in a few days, so see you all then.

Miss Amy said...

Sara is a wonderful young lady!
Much love to her!
Amy :O)

DeusPrimus said...

Dearest Sara, my littlest sister. Mere words cannot describe my joy at having you for a sister, and seeing the growth and changes over these past years. You are a treasure beyond all price, and I pray that those little flaws that you still carry will slowly fade with the passage of time.

Keep smiling, keep playing, and keep living; all of which you do so well...

All my love,

BFH

SuperAngel said...

awww! she looks and sounds like such a sweetie! :) I can tell she just brings so much joy into y'alls lives!
Yellow definitely fits her joyfulness that is just pouring out of her beautiful smile.
I have so enjoyed getting to know your family through your posts!
Amanda

Joy said...

Sara is so much fun! I really enjoyed seeing all the pictures of her! :-)