Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cellular Post

Someone that you haven’t seen in the blogging world in awhile is here to bring you the next post! While going through my cell the other day, I realized there are a lot of weird pictures that can be taken with a camera phone. A lot of fuzzy ones too. I am about to take you through the last six months of Thomas’ phone… where it has been, and what it has seen.

We will first start out with the trip that Dad, Mom, Ben and I took to Denver in June. We forgot to take a camera (who goes to Colorado and forgets a camera??), so the few shots that we did get were obviously taken on the good old LG, which sorely needs to be retired. Our opening picture is of the man that has faithfully kept this blog from growing stagnant! Dad loves to fly…



Mom also thoroughly enjoys the thrill of being in the air. Or was she laughing at Dad’s goofiness?



Ben doesn’t like to waste time. Even when it comes to phone conversations.



Now me on the other hand? I like to sit back, relax and enjoy the in-flight music.



We made it to Denver International where we took the escalator instead of the stairs. Oh come on!! It was a long trip from Sacramento to Denver! We were tired!



At the rental car place I made a comment under my breath to Dad about how I wouldn’t be caught dead in a PT Cruiser if that’s the car they provided. Guess what car they gave us?



We got to the hotel after a quick stop at the fish and chips place. However, Denver is a long way from the ocean and the food there wasn’t near as good as the seafood we can get here in CA. After the car was unloaded, we waited in the hotel lobby for our friends to arrive. Ben thinks there should be more world peace.



Peace was on my mind too while waiting… Sleeping in it… Jetlag really gets to me.



Now for the last picture from Denver (I know I didn’t pull my phone out near enough). Only three other people should recognize this drawing from a very delightful evening.



You know where you can get really good seafood? From this town.



That’s right… San Francisco has some of the best clam chowder in the world! This photo was taken from the inside of one of these.



For some reason, we take a lot of patients to SanFran for specialty care. I don’t know what makes the hospitals there so “special”. We do a little sight-seeing of the city while we are there though.



This random picture was taken during my internship while watering the lawn. I look towards one of my favorite restaurants (ok maybe not restaurant… more like food gathering place. But still good!) in Valley Springs, and this is what I see. Busted.



What’s a Hector blog post without a couple of pictures of us at the lake? It just isn’t. My beloved sisters take a cool-down dip in the frigid water.



Ben loves exploring, even if it’s an old concrete dam that is absolutely bare. He was ready to climb up a straight up and down portion. I convinced him to pose for a picture instead.



The sun was setting, so we headed back to dock to help dad take the sail boat out.



Going back in time a little further to our Illinois trip in May of 2009. Nick in the RV. He loves peace too.



I know these are out of order, but oh well. In Boise, ID we stopped at a pizza place where we got pizza (duh!). Anthony picked up his knife and fork while the rest of us dug in with our hands. We still won’t let him live this one down.



One of my most favorite memories while staying out on the open road was spending nights in random Wal-Mart parking lots around the country. Brushing the toofies was a must, and what better place than in the Wal-Mart bathroom?



This has got to be one of my favorite pictures from the group. Ben, Tiffany and Emma waiting for Burgers! Although, In-n-Out is much better…



Anthony, Matthew, Caleb and I decided to take a walk down the road before the rain started. We started the walk before the rain started, but we didn’t finish it before. Caleb took this picture prior to the unexpected shower.



Back in California again. While waiting to meet up with some of my buddies from paramedic school in Sacramento, I paid a visit to our state capitol building. It was just a little after dusk, and absolutely beautiful all lit up!



Randomly took a picture of part of my head with the ceiling fan behind.



Nick likes his glasses so much he forgets to take the tag off before he wears them.



On one of my recent trips to Oakland to practice paramedic stuff with my Dad’s medic, I took the motorcycle and went on the scenic route. This is a picture of a good part of the bay area with San Francisco across the water. Kind of hard to make out though.



Here is a helpful hint to all of the people out there that are going to get their wisdom teeth pulled in the future. Disarm yourself. Don’t even leave a small pocket knife where it can be easily reached. My lip thanks Anthony for his quick thinking in this unspoken event. Want to know something else? I don’t even remember taking this picture.



Everyone, have a great day or night… and don’t forget to…



7 comments:

Hec @ 19 said...

Thomas graciously didn't mention that it was my fault that the camera got left in the car at the airport. Did you know that nobody at the Denver Airport sells Denver Omelets?

JB said...

Too fun Thomas!! I enjoyed the walk down short term memory lane. Fun to see some ambulance pics. The escalator is necessary when you have suitcases plus got up at 4am to make a flight.

I thought the PT cruiser was fun. Don't want one, but the color was so pretty!

Glad to see you back. LY, Mom

Anonymous said...

That was a great post Thomas. i loved all the pictures, and i still don't know what is wrong with eating pizza with a fork.

I loved the picture of the capital and the one of you with the fan behind you.(You look like the statue of liberty.)

Looking forward to your next post.

#5~Anton

Miss.M said...

Wasn't there a very funny picture of Thomas and a baby from CO too? :D

Simply Tiffany said...

Hilarious post, comment! I love the pictures and it was fun to recognize several of them. :)

I thought the PT was cute. Not very comfortable, but cute.

Yeah for Anton!!! That is the refined way to eat pizza!! :)

I'm smilin'....

Miss Amy said...

Nice pictures Thomas!

And I almost always eat my pizza with a fork! :-P

Joy said...

I liked seeing all the pictures! :-D Thanks for posting them. :-)