Friday, September 18, 2009

A long long time ago

Friends,
As promised, you have before you a collection of cherished images that are nearly a quarter of a century old. These are the earliest days of the Hector family. Mrs. H and I remember it like it was yesterday. How about you, Ben. What do you remember about this?

Ben would play with his very straight, platinum blonde hair while enjoying a bottle. This was taken in our first home, a single wide mobile home on Fire Department property.

Let's jump over to Grandma and Grandad Sells home. Ben hasn't caught on to the concept of opening presents yet.

Ben's first set of wheels!

He approves.

See ya, Mom and Dad!! I got somewhere to be!!

Dad decides to monitor Ben's progress. I should have done more of that once Ben got his license.

Back home again. The whole idea of presents is starting to sink in. Ben always was a fast learner.

Baby does not live by bottle alone.

A warm lap, a sock monkey; what else does a young fella need? How about a loving mom holding a camera? Say "lactose free cheese"!

be safe,
Pops @ 19

6 comments:

JB said...

Ahhh, just like yesterday. Sigh. It has gone so fast. He was sooooo cute; of course all my kiddos are, but he was the first cute one (except my dear DH that is).

Those are good memories. Remembering the trailer, Grandma & Grandad's house (where I grew up)& yes, the little car. I think we just threw that away in the last couple of years.

Thomas was there, too, he's just not out in the daylight yet. Hehe.

Well done DH. We've shared a wonderful lot of years.

LY, JB

DeusPrimus said...

Now I really feel old! Not only do I have a hard time remembering those situations, but my baby pictures are in black and white! We still have the blue chair, so it is easy to remember that. I do remember that sock monkey, and the bear with the bow tie....

"First cute one". Read it and weep, bros! Oh, for straight hair again!

Can't always watch us, dad. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way...

Lots of good memories from a bygone time. Doesn't seem that long ago.

BFH

Miss.M said...

Ahhh, soooo cute! Thanks for sharing!

Simply Tiffany said...

Awwwwww!!!!! He's sooo adorable! Ande y'all are sooo cute! I love these photos!! I think this is one of my very favorite posts.

*laughs* Well, my baby pictures are in color. :) You should feel old, you are, you know. I'll have to tell you about the photo contest we had at a baby shower once.

Do you know that they sell reproductions of the sock monkey now? Do you still have any of these stuffed animals?

Oh, the striped shirt with the white collar and cuffs is just too cute.

See y'all soon!

Miss Amy said...

Great pictures!!!

Thomas and Lindsey said...

I remember those houses!! Oh, the memories... Obviously I didn't have those memories though. But I recognize that car!