Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Be Ye Reformed....

Well, every time I have begun to write this post, my time has been short, and it did not get done. (Sorry Tiffany, I fear I have been trying your unlimited patience again....) I am now sitting down, with the determination that nothing will distract me! Of course, determinations really mean nothing if something comes up, but hope is worth nine tenths of the effort.

Reformation Day 2008!!!!!! I could spend a large amount of time describing all of the various wonderful moments, or I could fall back on the tried and true method of of pictures with captions. I'll choose the latter option...

FAFT8070 []
The forecast of the day was a 50% chance of rain; as you can see, we were on the good side of the 50%!


FAFT8070 []As director of the event, I spent a large amount of time managing all of the wonderful workers. So, I was often looking over my minions.

FAFT8070 []Everyone pitched in, even the leadership. Wrapping 200 sets of sliverware is a big job!

FAFT8070 []
My delightfully cute sister, coordinating decor.



FAFT8070 []I would love to know what this group is looking at!

FAFT8070 []Three lovely ladies, looking absolutely gorgeous in their gowns.

FAFT8070 []One of the events consisted of instructional booths, with crafts based on parts of Puritan life. Mrs. Ernst ran the medicinal booth, and looks very fetching in a coif...

FAFT8070 []A perfect picture of what Sacajawea must have looked like.

FAFT8070 []"Say what?" (Don't you just love that arched eyebrow?)

FAFT8070 []Put two boys in the same place with sharpened objects, and there is only one result. Nic and JP are no exception.

FAFT8070 []Master Walker, looking every bit the English gentleman.

FAFT8070 []Who said the Indians and the Pilgrims didn't get along?

FAFT8070 []
In addition to the booths, we had the Spectator Sports. This is Brian, I see the Olympics in his future. Just look at that form!


FAFT8070 []
Elder Langley had a grand time cheering on the runners! I can still hear faint echos of his "Huzzah!".


FAFT8070 []Two pillows, a wooden beam, and a screaming crowd. The men couldn't resist!

FAFT8070 []
Fun with Pringles.


FAFT8070 []This is hard core costuming. All of the boys in the family grew their hair out and shaved for Indian mohawks.

FAFT8070 []My boss. Maybe by posting his photo on my blog, I'll get a raise!

FAFT8070 []"Kilroy was here!"

FAFT8070 []
Got to love the shoes....



FAFT8070 []
Squanto would be proud!


FAFT8070 []
I still can't figure out why this fashion style died out....


FAFT8070 []
How do you say "Three Amigos" in Pilgrim?


FAFT8070 []The wonderful kitchen crew! We ate really well. Tri-tip, scalloped potatoes, salad, corn on the cob, bread, and pie!!!!! I am salivating just thinking back on it.....

One of the crowning glories of the night was the Dramatic Presentation. Written by Mrs. Walker, it centered around the experiences of the Pilgrims, and their journey to Plimouth (Yes, that is the old style spelling). It was absolutely amazing! We have quite a few talented actors in our church. Kendrick brothers, you better watch your back!


FAFT8070 []
During our Dramatic Presentation, Kev was the barrel boy....

We really had a great time, and are already planning the next one. I have been begged to take the planning of next year, but I found out that this was a lot of work!!!! We shall see....

One last photo to leave you with:


FAFT8070 []"Y'all come back next year!"

Transcribed by
BFH

12 comments:

Mandy said...

Nice post!
It sure was a fun day! you did an amazing job coordinating it all.
You just had to show my shoes, didn't you!? lol
See you sunday!
Mandy

Erber Correspondent said...

Thanks for posting about your Reformation Day event! Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Praise the Lord for nice weather, too!

Anonymous said...

Well done Ben and family! It was a great day...fun, fellowship, food, fellowship, worship, fellowship.....sweet!

Melyssa L. NicDhòmhnaill said...

Thank you so much Ben!! Everyone here as been looking forward to your post!

Looks like it was a fun day and a smashing success!! I'm sure y'all are all glad it didn't rain!

And I have to say Mandy....love the shoes! They look really nice with the costume....;)

Jessica McDonald said...

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR POSTING!! *does the happy dance* :-)
Marvelous photos! Delightful Captions! Everything is simply splendid!!

And it looks like y'all had a *wonderful* time! Wish we could have attended!! :( Too bad California isn't next door! :-) *looks eagerly forward to Presbytery*

We miss y'all!!

~Jessica

Anonymous said...

As one of the boys in the fight with sharp objects I will say that I was not hurt in the least. I can't say the same for JP, but I do resent the remark about how there can only be one outcome.

A.S.O.G. lookrightranchhand

Elissa said...

YAY! The eagerly awaited post!!!!! It looks like y'all had a fantastic time!!! I wish we couldn've been there!!! Thanks for posting pictures Ben!!!!

Oh, and Mandy, I have to add too, that the shoes are great! ;D


~Lis

Troopless Boyscout said...

Job well done Ben! It was a truly enjoyable experience!

Simply Tiffany said...

Grrrr....I was just about to publish my comment when my most aggravating PC died on me!!!! *pity party* Soooo, I'll try again! :)

Y'alls event looked so enjoyable! I'd never thought of using the Pilgrims as part of the string of Reformation movements, but now I'm inspired! The costumes were adorable, and those Mohawks...wow...I can't imagine growing my hair out just to shave it and do that! lol But, they looked amazing, so if we get around to the Pilgrim/Indians can ya' send those little Indians our way? Oh!!! Thanksgiving is coming up...maybe they want to make a special appearance for that! ;) I'm definitely a fan of sending emissaries back and forth, so let us know what next years dates are! :)

kymk99 said...

Thank you for your photo filled entry. I rather enjoyed it!

Now if we could get the rest of your family to post an entry this month, there would be....10 more entries in one month! :o)

Joy said...

Thanks for posting about your Reformation Day celebration! :-) It looks like you all had fun. :-)

Thank you to Mrs. Hector for the comment on my blog! I'm glad that you liked the dresses we made for that wedding, we finished them minutes before we had to get in the van!
We miss you too, and we keep checking back to see if you guys have updated your blog ;-)

Well, have a great day!
Joy

Unknown said...

o goodness... That looked like so much fun... I loved all the girls dresses, and ooo that looked like a blast...!!!
Luv,
Jess ^_^