Sunday, November 23, 2008

Always expect the unexpected....

A very randomly deep thought recently occurred to me, and I thought I would share it with the world:

How many name-tags would a schizophrenic wear?

Speaking of tags and randomness, Miss Tiffany was kind enough to attach one to me, and now seemed like a perfect time for fulfilling her request. However, since this is a family blog, I am going to adjust the rules, since we all know that a rule is for the situation, not the situation for the rule. I am going to complete the tag with six random items for myself, but will also post one random fact about each of my family members. Perhaps I can even find a few random pictures to tack on as well.....

Myself:

1. Before I die, I want to drink a cup of coffee on every continent.

2. I love hats, and my collection includes British caps, a german schiffmutze, and a pith helmet.

3. I cannot arch my eyebrows, in spite of hours spent trying.

4. Because of family tradition, I do not know any of the words to "O Christmas Tree".

5. Always eat my bread and butter with the butter side down.

6. I only set my alarm to odd numbers. (Like 6:01 am)

Dad:

1. Simply adds more pairs of glasses to his nose to increase magnification, and has been known to wear as many as three pairs at a time.

Mom:

1. Had Smurfs on her wedding cake.

Thomas:

1. Puts his pillowcases on his pillow inside out.

Matt:

1. Cannot sleep unless he has at least three pillows.

Nic:

1. Eats his pizza from the crust side first.

Anton:

1. Knows the lyrics to every High School Musical song.

JT:

1. Can fall asleep with his eyes open.

Laura:

1. Sometimes thinks she is a Soprano, when she is really an Alto. (Ouch!)

Bex:

1. Answers to any of her ten nicknames.

Sara:

1. Sara can out-eat me. (This is the truth!)

And since Ashley is spending the day with us, I shall include her in our family list.

Ashley:

1. Ashley, even though she is from another family, does not know the words to "O Christmas
Tree" either.

There, now you know a few random facts about our family. As if the above did not cement the fact that we are completely strange, here are a few random photos....

Which way is up???????


If you look close, you can see the sparkles!


I don't know if this is a picture of Nic, of the boat, or of Nic's knees.



This is about as random as it gets:



One last random thought, what direction do penguins travel for the winter?

From the twisting, turning, knotted synapses of BFH

8 comments:

SuperAngel said...

Would a schizophrenic even wear a name tag?

I am not big into hats, but I will be getting a Poor Boy Hat from England this christmas, which I think is really neat!
I can arch my eyebrows very skillfully if I say so myself!

Those were fun to read!
laters,
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Simply Tiffany said...

Haha...those are really funny! A cup of coffee on every continent sounds like a fabulous idea...a great excuse to travel if all else fails! :) You don't sing "O Christmas Tree"?!?! Well, I must admit it's really not a favorite, especially after hearing it in Disney's Swiss Family Robinson...:) And why the odd numbers?

lol And I already knew about the Smurfs, but that still cracks me up! Well done, as usual Ben!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Ben,
Loved the post:). I can truthfully say that I knew some of those random facts.
~Miss.M

Thomas and Lindsey said...

Both times that I have read this post have been late at night. I keep wanting to put a comment on here, but every time I start writing only gibberish comes out. Now why have I read this post twice? I have no idea. If you read what I have written in a semi-musical rhythm, then it sounds sort of like a poem. Only a very demented person would write a poem like that. There must be lots of demented people in the world over the years. Edgar Allen Poe and Shakespeare to name a few. But alas! I digress! Can a person digress when there was never an underlying theme in the first place? I have often wondered... Very nice post as usual, and I am glad my bad habits of putting pictures on every post has worn off on you. Makes the entry as a whole more inviting. Oh wherrreeeee....... is my haircut? (sung to the tune of "oh wherrreeeee....... is my hairbrush?") Goodnight.

DeusPrimus said...

Amanda,

I can't help but wonder how you already know what you are getting for Christmas....

Are you willing to share your arching secrets?

Tiffany,

I shall never pass up on an excuse for traveling, my list of reasons to do so is likely only exceeded by my list of destinations!

Yep, no "O Christmas Tree". This is simply because neither of my parents learned it as a child, and so they decided that it was fated for them to never learn it. You should see the mad rush to turn of the radio whenever it happens to come on, visitors would probably think us insane. Oh, and we fast-forward that Swiss Family Robinson scene, so I am unable to comment on their particular rendition....

There is no solid, explainable logical reason for the odd numbers. Perhaps I am simply manifesting my "odd" personality? *grin*

Thomas,

Methinks that you need to consider reading posts before midnight, and writing comments well before 10pm...

"I think I saw your haircut back theeeeeere!" hehe!

Later,

BFH

Simply Tiffany said...

lol...you actually rush to turn it off? And fast-forward that scene? That's hilarious. Melissa and I have been laughing over that all morning. Now, when you run to switch the radio off, is that when people decide you're crazy...or have they already come to that conclusion? ;)

Joy said...

Haha, I was going to ask about that scene in Swiss Family Robinson... ;-)
I am going to have to tag you soon; your tags are quite interesting to read.