Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thomas: Through the Ages pt. 1

Friends,
Elizabeth asked for pictures of Thomas. SimplyTiffany asked for photos of the other Hector kids, but she wasn't specific. All Thomas asked was that there be no more kilt photos, but he didn't rule out other photos, so here we go...

Thomas loves his violin, and he has put a lot of work into it. Paramedic school has drastically reduced the amount of time he spends playing. We miss it!!

Thomas has just returned from a flight around Calaveras County, and the expression on his face says it all. He and I have kicked around the idea of buying a plane together someday.

A boy and his chicken.

Ben isn't the only one who knows how to have fun with mirrors.

No mirrors, no planes, no chickens, no violins. Bored, bored, bored.

There's nothing like backlighting and clouds to create mystery.

When you are asked to smile, but the pain of new braces means you don't really feel like smiling, this is what you look like.

Triumphant mountain bikers lift their bikes overhead to celebrate. This is Moab, Utah. There is a burger joint in Modesto called MOAB, which stands for Meal on a Bun.

Ben and Thomas like to do things together. Some of the things they do makes no sense.

Ben is reputed to be the hat wearer in our family. Thomas tries, but he just doesn't have Ben's sense of style.

This is Half Dome. Soak that in... think about where they are sitting!

I told you that Redbeard was vicious!!

All violin and no dirt bike makes Thomas a dull boy. Thomas is not dull.

What Nick lacks in teeth, he makes up for in clean socks. This is one of those fast-food playgrounds, in case you were wondering.

Redbeard has a sword, but Thomas has a chainsaw. I'm putting my money on Thomas!!

There you have it, folks! A quick look at the fascinating life of Thomas J. Hector. There's plenty more where that came from, but I have to decide where to go next. Back to Ben? On to one of the others?? Any suggestions???

be safe,
Hec @ 19

13 comments:

Melyssa L. NicDhòmhnaill said...

Thomas plays the violin? I didn't know that!

Also, I had a question...how high is Half Dome? It looks pretty high to me...when y'all are up there do you start to feel dizzy?

Suggestions? You want my suggestions? Okay..here goes...I think, since you have started with the Ben, then to Thomas, you should just go down the line till the youngest!:)

Thanks for sharing Mr. Hector!

Y'all have a blessed week!

DeusPrimus said...

Ok, I object!!!!! There were no nerdy looking photos of Thomas! Surely there must be some, somewhere!

Lots of memories, lots of fun.

Hi Mel! Half Dome is 4,737 ft above the valley floor. I hear the view is really good, but I have never actually been up there, so it is rather hard to feel dizzy...

BFH

Simply Tiffany said...

OH, what a delightful peek into Thomas' life! No more kilt pictures!?!

I remember my braces days...not sure that I'd want people taking my picture either. :)

The bike-riding in Utah and one at Half Dome were just beautiful! I'll have to add the latter place to my list of places to visit. :)

Haha...'twould appear that Redbeard is quite dangerous...

Oh, and nice hat, Thomas...it's oh-so-stylish! :)

Thomas and Lindsey said...

When I saw the title of the post, I started to dread what was about to follow (a.k.a. "nerdy looking photos" as Ben put it), but at the conclusion I breathed a sigh of relief. Thanks dad! You da man!

Ben is right about the elevation from the valley floor, but to be more precise, the elevation above sea level is 8,836 feet. The only time the dizziness sets in is when you let your human feet dangle the 4,737 linear feet above the dirt below, as we were doing in that shot. Quite an interesting feeling.

So, the last time that I picked up the violin was in August. I know... most violinists gasp when they hear that, but with all of these new found friends (such as needles, medications, and airway management tools) who needs music?! Ok, I'm just kidding about that one. I'll pick it up again soon... someday... =P

Thanks Tiffany! I much prefer the "multi-use" hats. They really do come in handy, especially when asked to field the ever so rare high-fly to right.

TJH

kymk99 said...

Oh, oh, oh, please let me know if you get a plane. I have been up in a small plane once, flew over the Altamont. LOVED IT! Kev won't have anything to do with it. I even took ground school pilot class at MJC years ago.

Love this glimpse into the past of the kids. I vote for each child.

Mrs. Reynolds :o)

Anonymous said...

Yep, keep working your way down the line. This is fun!! (of course, that's easy for ME to say!)

Anonymous said...

I agree with my mom, keep on moving down the line! It's nice knowing my parents aren't the only ones with black mail photos.

Joy said...

Lol, we enjoyed all of these pictures too... Thanks for going to all the work of posting them! :-)

And I love the hat picture. ;-)

Elizabeth said...

AWW thanks for putting these up...you should just keep going down the line & share photos of all the Hector children.

I have braces now & I totally understand about the not wanting pictures thing. But in general I don't like pictures of me...I prefer to be the person taking them.

The Half Dome is so beautiful just not so sure if I would be sitting there. Nice hat Thomas haha...& Redbeard well I'll remember to just stay away from him and his sword.

Thanks for sharing!

-Elizabeth

SuperAngel said...

Oh haha! this is fun!
I remember my braces days... so glad they are gone! :P
loving seeing all the pictures of your family!
Amanda
The Daily Planet

JB said...

Oh Tom Tom, you were so cute!! (Don't worry, still are) You did do nerdy things, like... oh I'll save them for later.

Thanks DH, for keeping such a photo library. Love it.

Mom/JB

Anonymous said...

I love that pic from half dome. I almost went and sat with them, but i wasn't that brave(I also greatly value my life).
I have not heard Thomas play the violin for almost years.
I Agree with Mel, you should totally go through everyone.
See y'all soon.

Anonymous said...

So, I just now realized that I never thanked Thomas for his suggestions of family activities to do in San Fransisco last NOVEMBER!!!

Thank you! The Exploratorium looks totally awesome and we'll definitly plan on visiting it on one of our future trips. I was hoping we would get to walk the Fisherman's Wharf, but alas, it was not possible. Next time perhaps...

Thank you again, Thomas, for your quick and thoughtful reply to my/our certainly unexpected question. :-)

Sincerely, MKH