Thursday, July 9, 2009

All of us: Through the ages pt. 1

Friends,
While pouring through the family photo archive in search of suitable images for the world famous Through the Ages series, I came across a lot of group shots that I just couldn't pass up. Please enjoy the first installment from that wonderful collection.

Upon looking at this delightful image, you are probably saying to yourself; "What a sweet and wonderful family the Hectors are"!


Beware one and all, just below the surface there lies a nefarious side to this scurrilous bunch!

Reprehensible conduct! Villainy!

Outright rebellion!

Even the horse is contrary!

Well, OK, that isn't all that bad. Our kids hear no evil, see no... you get the point.

We are a close knit bunch, even in the days when there was only five of us.

The perils of Death Valley cannot divide us.

Ben and Thomas have a life-long habit of working together.

The addition of the Six (as we sometimes call them) mixed things up a bit, but we are and will always be a family united.

Red eye reduction is a wonderful thing, but there is something so entertaining about ruby red eyes that I just can't resist.

Anthony and Nick used to be smaller than they are now.

This was our first (and only) sailing lesson, taken on Oakland's Lake Merritt.

We've got a lot of haircut shots, but I'm not sure what it is that keeps me pulling the camera out.

Not everything we do can be easily explained.

Soccer has been a big attraction in our family since the Six arrived.

Sometimes, an apron just isn't enough.

If you are going to throw a tea party, always invite a baby chicken to liven things up. This was the very first time the Six visited their new home. They were scared, we were clueless. Things are much better now. The terms they and we have been replaced with us.

When in doubt, wear weird clothing. Name tags are always in style.

The carnival comes to town once a year.

Easter comes once a year, but it's a bigger deal than the carnival.

Nick is holding down the floor.

Ben is holding up Sara.

The time has come to walk away...

...and wave goodbye. I have at least two more installments ready to go. Does anybody want to see more??

be safe,
Hec @ 19

16 comments:

Simply Tiffany said...

I do! I do! I want to see more...you aren't looking for a whole host of votes, are you? I think you'd get them if you were, but just in case... :)

Oh, there are so many wonderful pictures here, and too many to comment on! Let's see if I can narrow it down to just a few.

The pirate one of you and Mrs. H. is absolutely adorable! I love it!

"Outright rebellion!" *cough* Why isn't Thomas in the picture? ;)

Awwwww....Anton and Nick were soooo cute, and so little!

"Not everything we do can be easily explained." That is what makes y'all so lovable! :)

Ben and Sara...what an adorable pair!

Wonderful post. I, for one, am looking forward to more. :)

Thomas and Lindsey said...

I was wondering the same thing Tiffany! I don't even remember that event, or a couple others for that matter. Where was that dam/dirt road Dad??

We have all grown up quite a bit. Keep them coming!

TJH

Hec @ 19 said...

Tiff,
A single vote is sufficient.

TJH,

Cherry Lake

JB said...

I remember most of these. I knew it was Cherry Lake.
I think the picture sans Thomas was on the 2006 trip. Perhaps you were taking the picture Thomas.

The one with little Anthony and Nic was in the very first RV on the first Colorado trip. Whew!

The very first picture was the day of the adoption and baptism.

So fun to see our craziness and just the cementing of a family.

Arrghhh matey!
Blessings, JB/Mom/Mrs.H

Jessica McDonald said...

I vote for more pictures! They're hilarious and cute and oh so fun to look at. :)

The one of Mr. and Mrs. H 2nd to the top is definitely my favorite. :D SO funny! :)

DeusPrimus said...

*sigh* My family is crazy, I'll just have to come to terms with it. Still, if there are more, they should be shown....

I've always liked that picture of you, Mom and Dad. Two pictures to sum up your life as a couple, your wedding picture, and then that one. Those are the two I want for my family wall of photos.

Anthony and Nic were sooooooo tiny! That was the same day as the famous "Great Salt Lake" photo.

I for one don't remember the "Outright Rebellion"!

Thomas, we have been cutting hair for more years than I had realized.

No, I am not wearing a skirt while carrying Sara, though it kind of looked like it.

*cringes at what might be next* Bring 'em on...

Later,

BFH

Anonymous said...

Yes please!

Cheryl (Copper's Wife) said...

Love them, love you! More, please!

kristi said...

Yep. More.

:)

Joy said...

OF course we want to see more! :-D Seeing pictures of your whole family is even more fun than seeing pictures of them one at a time. :-)

Sarah said...

Great pictures! I love the "Through the ages" posts. It's so neat to see the pictures over the years. It looks like your family is never lacking adventure or fun. ;)

Jessica McDonald said...

Oh, and Ben, that ride you're on in the last picture - that's the same one that I went on 3 times in a row at the fair in Tremont. :D

Miss Amy said...

I'd love to see more! :-)

Melanie H. said...

Don't stop!!! But do come!!! We'd love to meet y'all! Maybe we could stop by on the way to or from Texas this Fall. Hmmmm...

-MKH

Miss.M said...

Oh, wow! I love the pictures! Y'all are a great family. We all love hangin' out with y'all.
Miss.M

Heather said...

I love your pictures!

Love, Heather Pickle