Friday, July 31, 2009

Photos by Matthew


Hello everyone this is Matthew! I have been pressured into doing a blog post of all my pictures. Finally, thanks to my dad it is put together. I hope you all enjoy it.

This picture was taken on one of our hikes, with one of our church families (the Schroeder's) about two years ago.

This one obviously was shot during Christmas.

I have always wanted to take a humming bird picture, I never could at our house, because humming birds aren't as friendly here as they are in the valley. This was taken at Grandma's house in Modesto.

My shoes!! Which weren't liked much in Illinois.

This was the Christmas tree. It just looks a little different from the other picture.

I was very bored once, and had a crazy idea to line a row of nails up and take a picture.

This has been our best year ever for tomatoes. My Mom is getting better on her garden.

I have a tendency to take lots of pictures of frogs this is the first of three.

This one was taken in our stove. We were stuck inside, because of snow.

My second frog picture, and my personal favorite. It was taken on a corn plant.

This is a common leaf. I took it at night.

My last frog picture I promise!! I entered this one at our nearby fair.

This one also was taken at my Grandmas house.

This is a potter. It was taken on our 2006 trip.

My last picture of our cutest kitten. It is full grown now, her name is Espresso.

I have reached an end to this post. I would again like to thank my Dad for his help. Until next time. ~ Matthew

18 comments:

Simply Tiffany said...

Bravo, Matthew!!!!! That wasn't so hard, was it?

I don't think I've ever successfully taken a photo of rain drops...a few drips, but no rain. Then again, I don't think I've ever taken the camera out in the rain...

Well, I must say your shoes are very you...I just think they make people's feet look really looooooooong. :)

Nice nails...glad to see I'm not the only one who gets crazy notions like that!

I personally think your frog pictures are incredible! Especially the last one. The bright colors contrasted with the browns in the background are amazing! Did they really sit still long enough for you to get their portrait?

LOVE the flowers!!!! I want some of those in my yard now!

Now, you will do this again, right? :)

Ashton said...

Well now...welcome to the blogging world, Matthew! Hopefully this will be the first of many posts we'll see from you...

Ohhh...awesome rain picture! Always do enjoy seeing pics that include dynamic scenes of rain...or just water in general. ;D

How did the frog picture fare at the fair?

Definitely a cute kitty. And! Another cat named after some sort of food/drink...I think it's becoming a nation-wide trend. We've had two cats ourselves named Half-Cake and Oreo...

Jessica McDonald said...

Wow! Those are some incredible photos, Matthew! My favorite is the humming bird one...beautiful.

I agree with Tiff and Ashton...do this again!

~Jessica

P.S. You're shoes aren't *too* bad. lol. They look fine on you...just not on me. :D

JB said...

Well done my son! I'm glad you are beginning to share with the outside world. The family has been enjoying your pics for awhile. Now, do I get one for the wall soon? We will have to discuss which one.

Keep up the good work. You are very gifted. You must have your Father's photographic genetics!!

Love you, Mom

Melyssa L. NicDhòmhnaill said...

Great post Matthew!!

I love all of the photos....hard to say which I like best...

I'd have to say that the one of tomato is really nice...I like the water glistening on it!!

Thanks for the post!! I would love to see more! =)

Melyssa L. NicDhòmhnaill said...

Forgot something...your shoes look nice on you..you have the right personality....I'm just not too fond of them! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos, Matthew! I loved the one of the nails, the color and texture is amazing.

Dani

BTW, great shoes!

Dana said...

Those are great pictures Matthew! You have a fantastic eye for perspective and porportion.
We would love to see more of your work.

Cheryl (Copper's Wife) said...

Terrific photos, Matthew!! I hope we'll see many more.

I think Converse shoes are the best!

Oh! And how did your photo do at the fair?

Elissa said...

WOW!!! Amazing pictures Matthew!!! My mouth was dropping further with every picture! Thanks for sharing with us!

~Elissa

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous photos Matthew!! One my favorites was the second frog photo. That one was just so sharp and clear. The thing I love about taking frog photos is that they will actually sit there for you, well they do for me anyway.

Good job and I'm so glad you shared with us :)

DeusPrimus said...

Great job Matthew! I really think you are better than a lot of what I see in the National Geographic. Maybe we could start a magazine to compete with them.....

The tomato is my favorite one, it looks so glistening and delicious. My mouth is watering.

Keep up the good work, and hopefully you will post again.

BFH

Amy said...

Nice pictures Matthew! :-) I especially liked the Humming Bird one! You take really good photos! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow Matthew!!! I can't wait to show these photos to Mr. Bradshaw! Excellent work and subjects (even the shoes :). Maybe you could be a guest lecturer for Mr. B's photog. class!
Blessings, Mrs. Bradshaw

Miss.M said...

Wow, Matt those are great pictures!!! I really liked the nail picture. Your shoe are awesome!!! And for the record, Jacob really likes converse.

Unknown said...

I am in awe and inspired! All of these photos are just gorgeous!!! If I had to pick a favorite it would be the one of your shoes, and "Nails in a Row" a close second. I like odd, abstract images like those, though I don't take many myself.

Kudos, Matthew! Bravo!

-MKH

Joy said...

I like those pictures! Especially the hummingbird and the kitten. :-) Good job taking the pictures! :-)

Thomas and Lindsey said...

Well done Matthew. This was my first time seeing some of the photos, and I liked every one of them. Keep it going...

TJH