Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baking and sharing

Christmas cookies are a multi-generational tradition in the Hector household. Jean's mother best expressed herself with the products of her kitchen, and receiving a plate of Ruth's Christmas cookies was a sure sign that you were of some importance to her.
Jean carries the torch now. Plates of cookies pile up around the house in anticipation of making the rounds as we spread Christmas cheer to neighbors, family and friends. The whole family gets involved, even me. Jean makes sure of that. These photographs chronicle a portion of the process.




Bon apetit!!
Ben has lectured me about the unwritten rule that dictates there will only be one post in a 24 hour period. I have violated this rule. Please be sure to take a look at the post that precedes this one. I am going back to work in the morning after having enjoyed a short vacation. My posting will slow down. Merry Christmas, please remember why we celebrate.
be safe,
Hec @ 19

11 comments:

Thomas and Lindsey said...

Oh a very wonderful shot of... never mind... now for bed after a long day of making merry.

JB said...

Cookies, cookies. I haven't eaten one yet. Also, they are done a few days before Christmas, instead of at the deadline. We are improving. Thanks family.

Love, JB/Mom

Jessica McDonald said...

I am quite jealous! Those cookies look DELICIOUS!! We need to make some cut out cookies this year...quite festive. :-)

I hope y'all have a VERY Merry Christmas!!!

We miss y'all!

~Jess

P.S. Love the Chef hat! I'll have to show William...he has one too! :-D

Simply Tiffany said...

Oh! Those cookies look sooo tasty! How many did y'all end up baking? We made 104 snowballs, but methinks y'all have outdone us. :) Emma loves your hat, Ben...and like Jess mentioned, William will too. Now, I just might have to embroider William's name on his hat...

Miss Amy said...

Looks yummy! :OD You have a LOT of cookies there! :OD
Merry Christmas!
Amy :O)

Elissa said...

Wow! That's a lot of cookies! I think we are about equal though. We did SOOOOO much baking this year! And we still haven't made out cut out sugar cookies. Christmas cookies are a big tradition in our family too.

Oh, and I like you hat Ben! I want one! :D


Merry Christmas Hectors!!!!

~Elissa

SuperAngel said...

nice hat, Ben! LOL!

that looks like y'all had a wonderful time! :) now... did y'all eat all those cookies?
Amanda
The Daily Planet

Joy said...

Mmm, those cookies look good. :-)

Thanks for posting so often, Mr Hector! Enjoy going back to work! ;-)

Trinity McLaughlin said...

Those cookies look to die for. Congrats on making it before the deadline. Merry Christmas to the Hectors and many blessings to you.

Trinity (The Davis Cousin)

Anonymous said...

Hello Hector family-

Wow, you all have been more faithful in posting than I have been in commenting. That's a sad thought!!

Nice hat Ben but I've said that before...it's just that need one myself, lol :)

I think I'm going to go make cookies now cause your pictures sure made me hungry!! I just wish they would appear when you wanted them too instead of going through a long process and then getting to eat them...

Well, have a blessed and MERRY Christmas!!

Love, Elizabeth

Bria Cosper said...

What a beautiful family! I am the first born of seven soon-to-be eight kids. We have many friends who have large familys in our neiborhood. I love to cook with my siblings for christmas! And you have some great photos! I am a beginner, trying to find a good camera right now.